Thursday, October 22, 2009

9 miles on Thirsty Thursday

I got in another rare afternoon run today. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past week and today was no exception. When I left around 2:30pm it was in the low 80s, lots of sunshine, and only a light breeze. I don't run mid day to often and I felt a little hot!

I wanted to do something different. I get stuck on a few loops that I like and don't change it up enough. So today I did my usual Rancho Vista Loop...BACKWARDS! I determined that it is harder to run it my normal direction as the steeper hills are toward the end of the run. I got in 9 miles in 1:07:18 (avg pace 7:28). Here are the splits: 8:04, 7:28,7:18, 7:25, 7:17, 7:25, 7:29, 7:23, 7:27. I was constantly holding back on the run telling myself to slow down. I have a long tempo run on Saturday with Dan. 13.1 in 1:30:00 (avg pace 6:50).

Thirsty Thursdays with Jack Daniels are back on Flotrack starting last week. This weeks segment was another great one so check it out.

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack

No comments: