Sunday, October 25, 2009

Early 10 mile Recovery Run

I met Dale at Ave S and the aqueduct at 5:45 am for a 10 mile recovery run this morning. Both of us ran hard yesterday and needed some easy miles to loosen up and get some more time on the pavement. We were both stiff at the start. Our first mile was 8:48. We settled in and talked about our runs yesterday. Dale ran 1:10:37 at a Huntington Beach 10 miler for a PR! Congrats Dale!

I have only run one 10 miler in Mesquite, NV in 62:20 but I think I was probably faster en route to my half marathon PR of 1:20:00 on a downhill course.

We ended up running our 10 miles today in about 85 minutes (avg pace 8:30) and my legs actually felt much better after the run than before.

Total mileage for the weekend was 24. My last 6 weeks of training have been very consistent and I am starting to feel the effects (in a good way).

My plan for this week is easy mileage until Thursday where I will do a threshold run. Then a 20+ miler on Saturday.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Good job this morning.

Not being able to be out there with you guys is very difficult for me!