Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthday run

Today was my 32nd birthday. Two years ago I ran 30 miles for my 30th birthday. Last year I ran 3.1 for my 31st birthday. This year I met Chuck at Ave S. and the aqueduct at 5:45am. He had already run 5 miles. We ran 5 together and then met Dale and Lauren for another 5! So I ran 10. Chuck suggested I should have run 3200m (just short of 2 miles) for my 32nd birthday. It was a good idea except I think we had already run 3 or 4 miles, so we just kept going. It was a great birthday run. The miles flew buy while we all chatted. It seems like everyone is finally coming around after some nagging aches and pains that needed a little rest. My legs felt great but I am tired tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am liking the training man. You got me training on tired legs which is a great thing; I can feel my body pushing through each run. Happy birth day again.

Chuck said...

Enjoyed your company!