Friday, December 11, 2009

RECOVERY

Well I finally got out for a run today to start the return to running again. Below is a picture from my front door. Not too cold out side, but poured last night. The first few steps felt ok but after a few more both of my calves felt like baseballs. They didn't cramp up they just still feel very tight. The pain did get a little better after about 1.5 miles. I stopped the run at 3 miles which took me about 30 minutes. The calves seem to be the only lagging soreness although my quads did start to fatigue after the 3 miles. My nervous system is shot! I will post more on proper recovery soon, just wanted to get a quick post in.
I leave you with this video I found. One ultrarunner's preview of the LA Marathon course.

3 comments:

Ron said...

OMG....SOOO AWESOME! I LOVE IT!

Dale said...

lol...... seriously.....

I was laughing and trying to figure out if I was on the sports channel or diners, drive-ins and dives....

Van 1- Hall said...

congrats on the PR Karl...glad to know someones healthy!

Some of my friends from Boulder came in this weekend and brought a Running Times magazine, so I'm laying on the couch reading it and I see your write up in there. Nice work!