Friday, March 18, 2011

Non-training

I didn't run on Tuesday or Wednesday run while I took my family to Disneyland for my son Matthew's 5th birthday (which also happens to be Andi and my 8th Anniversary). We had a BLAST as it was the boys first trip to Disneyland. Matt's favorite rides were the Buzz Lightyear ride and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I can home with a head cold and congestion that gives me a constant headache, coughing, and sneezing. I had some back pain from my trip to MN which was almost gone but the coughing and sneezing exacerbated that a little.

Needless to say I have not run this week and probably won't run much this weekend as the weather is calling for wind and rain and I want to get rid of this cold.

The Orange County Marathon is 6 weeks away and I am now seriously considering dropping down to the half marathon.

The Los Angeles Marathon is this Sunday so a BIG SHOUT OUT goes to Fran, Dale, and Chuck who will be out there pounding the LA pavement! This video is for you guys!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Thank you for the "Big Shout out". Get well soon!

watergirl said...

Hi Karl,

Sorry to hear that you're sick.

Yeah, TO does have a lot of great trails... get'n me ready for LD50. Are you going to run it this year?

Dale Lister said...

Thanks for the "Shout Out" unfortunately I missed it Before the Race......

I loved the video. That looked like lots of fun to me!