Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 x half mile intervals (6 miles total)

After a two mile warm up, the workout today was 5xhalf mile intervals on the road. My times were 3:00, 2:47, 2:44, 2:46, 2:46. The recovery was 2:30min jog/walk between each. I felt a little sluggish this morning even in my addidas adizero tempos. I had little left after this workout. The goal is to be able to do 10x800s at this same pace (see Yasso 800s) by the end of April. I will repeat this workout every other week adding one half mile rep each time.

The LA Marathon will be run this year on Memorial Day, May 25th. They have gone back to the old course which starts and finishes in downtown LA. There is a blog for the LA Marathon with some good info and videos.

Next run: Long run 10-12 miles.

I read a good tip in Runner's World this month: Your long run should never be more than 50% of your total weekly mileage. They said triathletes break this rule too often.

1 comment:

Ron said...

so what are you saying? LOL...Im trying to research my transition to olympic distance and I am trying to add more running. any thoughts?