Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another 11 miles on the PCT

Clay and I left for another trail run earlier today. It was still dark at 6:30 when we started due to cloud cover. We started our run off of Lake Hughes Rd. and headed north. This was a new stretch of PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) for me. On the LD50 it is miles 28-33 and 39-44. See elevation profile here and look for Aid Station #6 (we made it just past there). It is some of the most scenic miles on the course, with some great views. I tried out my new pair of New Balance 921 trail shoes (see picture below) and they were AWESOME. I didn't slip at all, felt very supported, and I didn't feel the rocks under my forefoot nearly as much. I carried a camelback style backpack again and a water bottle with a hand strap with Accelerade (see picture). I also carried a camera and we took turns taking pictures. We turned around at 5.5 miles and finished 11 in just under 2 hours again. We took our time, especially on the last two miles which were very steep downhill. Check out the the third picutre for a view from the top.








2 comments:

Daniel said...

So we've got some rainy weather in the forecast. Rainy, but not too cold. So do I go shirt-less & avoid chafing or don the jacket to stay 'dry'? You'll probably get the chance to get in some muddy trail runs in the next couple weeks...

Chuck said...

Great pictures! Enjoyed FloTrack's live coverage from Houston this morning. If not for your post, I would've missed it! Thank you.