Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easy runs and tempo run

This dailight savings messed my morning runs up. Although it has been warming up it is now dark at 5am when I need to go running. I am not letting that be my excuse any more. I have a head lamp you know.

Tuesday:
I had a half hour to get in 4 miles around Quartz Hill. Took just under 32 minutes (7:56 pace avg).

Thursday morning I ran the same course that Andi and I ran on Sunday but did a tempo run for the portion on the aqueduct and the first mile back down. Total 7 miles (2 miles warm up, 4 miles tempo, 1 mile cool down) The middle miles were between 6:10-6:40. It took a while to get going. I haven't run hard in a while. Total time for 7 miles was just over 50 minutes (just over 7:00/mi pace).

Time to start logging some serious mileage.

Next events:
May 3, 2009 Orange County Half Marathon
July 5, 2009 30 miles for my 30th birthday

Don't forget to check out Thirsty Thursdays with Jack Daniels

No comments: