Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuesday 10 miles, Thursday 7.5 miles

Tuesday morning was near perfect for temperature and weather. I had over an hour to run and have determined that I need to spend some time just putting miles on the road, nothing too fast, so I zig zagged through Quartz Hill, running up and down the hills for 10 miles. I tried not to look at my watch too much and just ran comfortable. I ran the 10 miles in 1:15:30 (avg 7:33 pace)! It was a good run. The roads are well lit but I used my head lamp too.

Today (Thursday) I looked out the window and saw the trees swaying pretty good. I almost crawled back into bed but pushed myself out the door. I did the Towncenter loop over by the golf course which was 4.5 miles then continued up to 60th and back on M-8 for a total of 7.5 miles in just under 58 minutes (avg 7:42 pace). The wind appeard to be coming from the north but then changed to come from the west as usual.

I have been fairly consistent with my lunch strength training 20-30 minutes 2-3x/wk for the past 4-6 weeks. My left hamstring talks to me the day after kettlebells but not enough to affect my stride.

Dean Karnazes had a good post the other day. Some interesting ideas for new inventions for running using the piezoelectric effect to harnes some of the energy we create by running.

Dean's dad was inspired to start his own ultra endurance challenge by his son's cross country adventure in 2006. He is playing 18 holes of golf every day for 96 days straight and will cover all the lower 48 states in the process. He is also walking every course and carrying his own clubs. Here is an article about him. He is starting his own blog The Happy Golfer. Another daily blog to read and follow.

Here is the last episode of Thirsty Thursdays with Jack Daniels. This weeks clip is on recommendations for making US Track and Field better. These interviews have been excellent and I will miss watching them every week. They are all very worthwhile and I would recommend watching them all.

No comments: