Tuesday, June 2, 2009

8 mile marathon pace run (59 min)

After days of running at 8 min pace I was fed up and needed to run a little faster. Sometimes I feel better after a harder effort than I do running slower. I used the first 1.5 miles as a warm up to Lane Park and then did 1 mile loops around the park (5 loops at what felt like a tempo marathon pace effort) and then returned home. Here are the splits: 8:22, 7:47, 7:28, 7:08, 6:53, 6:45, 7:23, 7:16. Average pace on the entire run was 7:22. Only mile 5 and 6 were at goal marathon pace (I have some work to do there). I felt better on this run and afterward than I have in weeks.


Need some inspiration? US 800m runner Khadevis Robinson is always good for a motivational interview.


Here is an interview with Jordan Hasay's coach Armando Siqueiros his history with Jordan and her future. Wow!! What an amazing coach and person.


See a tour of Alan Culpepper's running store in Colorado Solepepper Sports. Watch for his running shoe museum! Cool!



Finally, tomorrow June 3rd is National Running Day! Hope you all have a great day and get in a good run.

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die from a misprint." --Mark Twain

2 comments:

Chuck said...

What a great interview with Armando Siqueiros! Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I am planning to run!!!! Mom