Wednesday, July 7, 2010

8 mile Rancho Vista Loop

Another 8 mile run this morning and again it took me 63 minutes! The last three 8 mile runs I have done on my own have taken me 63 minutes. The mornings have been breezy out here and it got worse as the run progressed. I am feeling better about my fitness every week. I am running the HDR cross country race tomorrow for a hilly tempo workout, then a 2 hour run on Saturday.


California Lutheran University has been releasing their "All Decade Teams" for each sport. I had the pleasure of running with one male and one female runner that made the list. Has it really been a decade already?

I was a teammate of Tom Ham for 2 years and a teammate of Lisa Pierce for 4 years.

Heather Worden, a local Paraclete H.S. grad and arguably the best female distance runner ever to attend CLU, also made the list. She has school records in the 1500m (4:33.95) and the 800m (2:16.22). She is also the only CLU runner ever to win the SCIAC cross country championship which she did in 2004.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I did not know that Dan's brother was that good! If I recall, they are going to run the Portland Marathon together this fall?