Wednesday, August 11, 2010

6 miles easy

I got in a mile farther than Monday, 6 for today. It felt better again but still not 100%. I think my calf is about 80% right now. Anything faster than 7:30 pace and the calf felt tight. Hopefully this weekend I can go a little farther or faster.

Here is my fall race plan, although I haven't officially signed up for any of these races yet.

August 12, Totally Fair Wave Race (4 mile)

September 12 Lexus Santa Monica 10k

October 23 Huntington Beach Distance Derby (10 mile)

November 7 Santa Clarita Half Marathon


The wave race will hopefully be a tempo run (6:20 pace).
The goal for the 10k is under 38 minutes.
I would love to go under 62 minutes at the Derby, but I would have to be in pretty good shape by then. If not then I would shoot for a personal course record at Santa Clarita. I ran 1:22:42 in 2006. If I can run 1:22 or better then I would set my self up for a great 3 month marathon build up for Surf City.

If anyone is intersted in being paced for a 5k or 10k aqueduct time trial in September let me know. I would gladly be a pacer.

2 comments:

Dale Lister said...

Thanks for the pacing offer..... It is an interesting idea..... I'd have to measure off an accurate course.... hmmmm

Karl Stutelberg said...

Dale, that's what the garmin is for. And if we go east from 60th, the aqueduct has accurate marks every quarter mile. We'd just need the last .1. I did a 10k time trial with Clay on the bike last year and it was very close.