Tuesday, August 31, 2010

3 miles today, 63 miles in August

Do I have to say any more? It was a pretty pathetic month. Actually I am suprised that I ran 63 miles. It has been just over 4 weeks since my initial injury. It is certainly better, I felt a little better on my 3 mile run today. It feels weak and tightens up after about 40 minutes still. Every once in a while it gives me a sharper "I'm still here" reminder. Hopefully September will be better. I am contemplating switching to the 5k in Santa Monica on September 12th.

2 comments:

Dale Lister said...

Hey Karl, are you set on the Santa Monica race? I am looking at the race at Dockweiler state beach the day before. This is the course I have PRd at two years in a row. The first year at 5K and last year at 10K. They have a 5K there on Saturday the 11th... Saturday's are a lot easier for me to get away.

Karl Stutelberg said...

Dale, yeah I am already signed up with my brother-in-law. We have a hotel and are bringing the kids and making a weekend out of it. Andi and I are signed up for the Distance Derby though.