Thursday, September 2, 2010

Best 4 miles in the past two weeks.

I ran 4 miles this morning with no sharp pain! It was slow and not pretty, but no pain. The right calf just feels weaker than the left. I can't push off as easily as I can with my left. I know what it should feel like and it is just not there yet. I have continued the splinting every night which I think has helped along with calf raises and toe walking during the day.

The Angeles Crest 100 (another local ultra mostly on the PCT) was this past weekend. Jorge Pacheco won and was the only runner under 20 hours. Keira Henninger, the race director for Leona Divide, was the first female finisher in exactly 24 hours.


"Scott (Jurek) stumbled upon the most advanced weapon in the ultrarunner's arsenal: instead of cringing from fatigue, you embrace it. You refuse to let it go. You get to know it so well, you're not afraid of it anymore." --Chris McDougall in Born to Run

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!