Friday, September 17, 2010

Another 8 mile aqueduct run (64 min)

The headlines sure have been interesting.

Karl grew with surprising speed!

Karl had reached peak intensity and was not likely to get stronger before making landfall!


but the worst was tonight...

Karl kills 2 in Mexico.
and
Karl caused widespread damage in Veracruz.

I swear it wasn't me.


This morning I drove up to the aqueduct for another level run. I took a risk and ran all the way to the turn around 3.75 miles away. Why was this risky? Well because it is out and back, the farther away I am, the farther I would have to walk back if I had a problem. Well, no problem today. It took a few miles to loosen up but I was able to increase pace every mile until 7, then I backed off for the last mile due to some tightening. I guess 8 miles is now my limit. Last week 6 was my limit so that is a step in the right direction. My splits today were 8:48, 8:24, 8:11, 7:52, 7:39, 7:35, 7:27, 7:35. My last 5 miles were under 8 min pace!

No comments: