Thursday, September 30, 2010

8 mile aqueduct run with Dale and Clay

Dale and I set up a 5:45 am meeting time at 60th and the aqueduct this morning. The plan was 7-8 miles. There was another car up there but I didn't take any notice. Dale showed up soon after, we got our headlamps on and walked out to the asphalt side and someone was walking towards us. It was Clay, so all three of us headed east toward Highland. It was a beautiful morning (see pictures below). The sun started to come up as we made the turn back. Dale and I picked it up for the two middle miles. My splits were 7:10 and 7:30. My right calf started to tighten right at the 5 mile mark and I slowed down and took it easy on the way back.

Total mileage for September was 67 (I only ran 11 days this month), which brings my 2010 mileage to 999!

Good luck to Chuck Fieland this weekend as he attempts a marathon double with the New Hampshire and Maine Marathons on back to back days.

Good luck to Sergio Reyes at the USA men's marathon championships at the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday.

Side note: I saw that Ed Whitlock (who ran two sub 3 hour marathons over the age of 70) just ran the Toronto Half Marathon in 1:34 at the young age of 79!

Finally, Thirsty Thursdays with Jack Daniels are back on Flotrack. Check out this week's segment.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Thank you. Sounds like your calf is still not ready to run fast, but at least you can put in a lot of easy miles to build your base for Surf City.

I would be hard pressed to beat a 79 old old. He is amazing!