Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 mile Rancho Vista Loop

The weather is back to gorgeous and I need to start taking advantage of it. I got out today for an hour run before church on my good ol' Rancho Vista loop. My entire right leg has been acting up. I feel totally out wack and out of balance. It doesn't affect my stride but it takes a few miles to loosen up and then is sore for a few days from the hip to the calf. I need to start practicing what I preach a little and get back on my hip and core program. It will do me some good. After I "loosened up" today I got into a nice groove. Here are the splits. 8:23, 7:39, 7:26, 7:27, 7:00, 7:08, 6:50, 6:39. Total miles=8 in 58:30 (7:20 avg pace). Ed Whitlock ran 3:25:40 at the age of 80 in Rotterdam today! Unbelievable! Dale you just have to maintain your fitness for 30 more years and you have a shot at breaking his record! Thought there might be a world record out there but the winner ONLY ran 2:05:27, almost a minute and a half off the WR. American Kelly Calway ran 2:44:47 at Rotterdam. She has a fun blog that I linked too on my training blog list to the right. She was 13th female and first female American.

No comments: