Tuesday, April 8, 2008

5 mile easy run (39:30)

I felt a little stale this morning, just sluggish getting out of bed. It took the first three miles to warm up today. Although I have been getting up early for the last four months I am still not a morning person and have never been. This may be to my advantage as the Boston Marathon start time is 10am. I will still have to get up much earlier to get to the athlete village in plenty of time but nothing like getting up at 4 am to make it to the start of the LA marathon in time.

Averaged just under 8 min pace but the last 2 miles were around 7:20 pace. The wind has barely let up around here. Thursday morning is supposed to be a little less windy so I will try and get in a good run then.

The highlight of my run this morning came with 1.5 miles to go running home on 45th St. West as 4 coyotes crossed the road in front of me, one at a time. The third one spotted me and ran across the road a little faster to keep distance. They were headed into town. I wonder where they ended up.

I received the new Runner's World Magazine today and it includes a preview of the US Women's Olympic Trials Marathon. There are some incredible stories there. Of the 150 entrants almost 10% (14) are considered Masters division (over 40). See www.bostontrials2008.com. Pick up a copy it is a great read. Also some good information for beginning runners.

I found the article on Lance Armstrong's training especially interesting as it is not too far off from my own training just a little faster and no cycling for me.

No comments: