Thursday, April 17, 2008

Last run before leaving...8 miles (60 min)

I was feeling really stale and the weather was supposed to be nice so I went for an 8 mile run this morning. I took it really easy, 7:30 pace feels pretty easy. It was just what I needed as I worked out some of the kinks I was feeling this week.

Mile splits were 7:50, 7:38, 7:31, 7:25, 7:14, 7:01, 6:59, 7:58.

My goal is to run the first 16 miles at around 6:45 pace, then hold steady at around 7:00 pace for the next 4 miles up the hills, and then give it all I have left for the last 10k. We will see how it plays out.

There is a 20% chance of rain as of today. The high should be in the upper 50s with possible wind from the east (in our face at the end).

I hope to be able to update the blog while I am there. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karl I am so proud of you! I can't wait to hear the whole story experience when you get back! You have worked so hard for this and I am saying a prayer every night for your health and strength!

With love,
Julie G. :)