Saturday, April 5, 2008

50th Post!! 8 miles in 56:30 on treadmill

It was windy again today. I am sick and tired of the wind. There were 35-40 mph gusts this afternoon. I woke up at 6am, which is usually the calmest time of day, and it was already 15 plus mph. I drove up to the aqueduct parked, got out of the car, and turned right back around.

I am so tired of the wind that I decided to run on the treadmill today. I can't even remember the last time I ran on a treadmill. I ran a total of 8 miles with the first mile at 7:30, the next 3 miles at 7:00, the next 2 at 6:50, one at 6:40 and a cool down mile in 7:30. Average pace was 7:04.

Pros of Treadmills
1. You can escape the wind, or other elements.
2. You can't cheat if you want to keep your pace even.

Cons of Treadmills
1. You don't go anywhere.
2. The ground moves underneath you making speeds feel easier.
3. There is no scenery, boring.
4. You really have to pay attention to where you put your feet.
5. You feel like you just got off a boat when you are done.

The Cons WIN! Treadmill running, although nice to escape the wind, is still awfully boring. I planned on running 10 miles but just couldn't bring my self to run more than an hour on the treadmill. It was nice to look out the window though and see the trees blowing over and not feel a thing!

6:50 pace felt easy as it should for only 6 miles. Was able to talk to Andi for 10 minutes while at that pace without breathing harder.

2 comments:

Stutelberg Family said...

I wish you would be more honest about how you really feel regarding treadmill running! :) Andi

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight, you would rather not run on treadmills?
Sunday there was very little wind.

Clay