Wednesday, April 30, 2008

81 miles for April & new goals for 2008

I haven't got a run in this week yet mostly due to lack of time and poor conditions (wind). It just isn't fun to go out there for an easy recovery run when the wind is blowing at over 30 mph.

My mileage total for April was 81. This was the first month of the year under 100 miles.

After a marathon, actually before the marathon, I started to think about what I wanted to do afterward. My goal is to run a 5k on July 4th in the low 18 minute range and if my hamstring feels good possibly going under 18 minutes. My left medial hamstring is still really sore and tight.

I would also like to try some of the local summer series cross country races, which are 5k distance.

If I am able to run the Santa Clarita Marathon I would like to better my course record there which is 1:22:42 in 2006.

Then I would like to pace Clay to a low 3:20s marathon at the California International Marathon in Sacramento, CA.

Here is a link to some pictures of a female runner from Stanford that had a tough day on the track at the Penn Relays.

1 comment:

Van 1- Hall said...

I am just catching up to checkin all my blog responses. been really two hectic weeks man. just had a job interview in kentucky last weekend. it was nice meeting ya in Boston. Congrats on the race. You planning on going there next year?