Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Recovery run 4 miles in 32 minutes

I slept in and only had time for a 4 mile run today. The weather has been great the last two days (no wind) and I haven't been able to take advantage. I got my headlamp in the mail yesterday, maybe I'll try it out on Thursday.

Total mileage for March was 121 miles, Clay I believe that means a tie. After a month off illness and injury we ended up tied for monthly mileage.
My projected mileage at the beginning of the month was 185, I fell a little short.

The Boston Marathon is being webcast live on the world championship sports network (http://www.wcsn.com/). I think it requires a 4.95 annual subscription.

New rules are in place for wearing helmets at usatf races with more than 500 participants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karl-
I liked the article on the racing helmets. I think I'll be able to use my regular bike helmet for my next big race. ;) Anyhow, I saw this quote, and thought you might like it: “I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."

Mike Fanelli, Three-time head coach USA Track & Field National Team

Good luck with the last few weeks of prep for Boston!

Tom