Monday, September 1, 2008

8 mile easy run (61:00)

A beautiful day for a run with just a light breeze to cool me down. Even this afternoon there was no wind and we had a great BBQ with my sister-in-law and her family.

My run today was 8 miles in 61 minutes which is an average of 7:37 per mile. The last two mile were at marathon pace 6:50 to 7:00.

FYI: The altitude at my house is 2350ft.

Total mileage for August was 82, but that is averaging 3 runs per week. Still not consistent training. Must start to ramp it up.

My colleague Clay Patten, PT biked around Lake Tahoe this weekend (72 miles) in under 4.5 hours. The story and pictures are posted here.

Clay and I are presenting our third running clinic at Valley Physical Therapy Group on September 20th at 11am. The topic is Lower Limb Running Injuries: Prevention and Treatment. We are also offering a free gait analysis and shoe prescription for those who RSVP.

This is the same day as the Relay for Life: Palmdale, at Highland High School. Valley Physical Therapy Group Family and Friends has a team this year. Come out and join us for the Running Clinic, Relay for Life, or BOTH! Mark your calendars for September 20th.

No comments: