Tuesday, April 21, 2009

7 mile recovery, again in 53 min

We have had some great morning weather here recently. My right calf is still sore but improving daily. It feels like the soreness you get for a few days after a charlie horse night cramp. It took me about 3 miles to warm it up today and then just didn't feel like I could push the pace. I had no problem maintaining around 7:30 miles.

I decided to try and map out some of my 30 mile run on July 5th. The plan is to start around 5 am and get 15 miles done on the aqueduct (7.5 out and back). Then two 5 mile loops which will be to Lane Park, 2 loops around, and back. Finally a 3 mile loop and then two 1 mile loops.

I mapped out a one mile loop around my neighborhood on my way back this morning for a total of 7 miles.


The Boston Marathon was Monday and, for those of you that didn't hear, Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher both finished 3rd. It was a great showing for the US as both were in the running for most of the race. Other notables included 45 year old female Colleen DeReuck from the US who finished 8th over all with a time of 2:35:37.

On the men's side local Sergio Reyes finished a very respectable 17th place overall with a time of 2:19:22 and was the 5th American finisher. Congratulations Sergio!

Most of the runners interviewed complained of a nasty headwind for most of the race.


Flotrack is video taping track races this year with a new angle. They call it "trackside" where they are actually filming in a cart on the track, sometimes in lane 2 or 3. It is a really cool way to watch a track race, you feel like you are right in the pack, and you get a true sense of how fast these people are actually going. Here is video from a track meet in Phoenix, a great women's 1500m race.

No comments: