Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is risen! sunrise service 12 miler (1:28)

He is risen indeed! My day started at 5:15 am with a 12 miler: 2 miles up to the aqueduct (a 400ft elevation gain), then 4 miles west, and turnaround just past the second bridge after 70th. Out on the asphalt side back on the dirt side (the aqueduct is paved on one side only). It was truly a glorious morning, no wind and temps in the mid 40s. Shorts with short sleeves and arm warmers was all I needed. I left the MP3s at home and enjoyed the morning. The sun began to rise slowly as I passed a youth group that was holding a sunrise service on the aqueduct. Clay and Zac were up there around the same time and I can't figure out how I did not see them.

The aqueduct is so flat you can really get cruising up there. I had to consciously hold back this morning (averaging 7:00 to 7:20 pace). I completed the 12 miles in 1:28:00 (avg pace 7:20). We had a fun Easter morning with the boys (see family blog here).

No comments: