Friday, May 28, 2010

This week in running

The weather continues to be windy around here. The early morning hours are typically the calmest but they have also been uncharacteristically cold (mid to high 40s). I am using this as my excuse for the continued lack of running. I did get in 4 miles Monday morning and 6 miles Friday morning. They both felt much harder than they should have. I can make up excuses like the best of them.


Wednesday, June 2 is National Running Day. Hope you all are able to get out for a run.

"I always tell all people to run at least 30 minutes a day. It cost you some time, but it refreshes the mind and makes you will work more effective during the day. That’s why I support this National Running Day so much. It’s a wonderful idea which we all together should spread around the World." - Haile Gebrselassie (marathon world record holder)

1 comment:

Dale Lister said...

Wednesday is National running day? Cool! I will be doing my part. Not just going for a run, but arranging for many others to join in. It turns out that Wednesday it the last running day of our school year. We are running from Hillview to Vinces for an end of the year party! Not will I have 20+ of my current runners along, but it will serve as a reunion of sorts for my alumni!!