Thursday, February 21, 2008

9 mile Thursday (1:02:58)

9 mile Thursday returns this week. There was a pretty good cross wind for most of the run. I felt really good this morning and held a sub 7 minute pace for the last 4 miles. I felt like I could have held on to that pace for another few miles. I was probably close to under 20 minutes for the last 5k. This is the kind of pacing that I want to sustain for the marathon. I averaged exactly 7:00 per mile pace.

My split times were 7:55, 7:34, 7:23, 7:01, 7:07, 6:47, 6:35, 6:18, 6:13. I was very pleased with the time and how I felt afterward. I need to get a battery for my heart rate monitor because I would love to know how hard I was working today.

The icing on the cake today was that Clay and I were able to attend the world premiere of the movie/documentary Ultramarathon Man in LA this evening. This documented the Endurance 50 that Dean Karnazes ran in 2005. I was fortunate to have run the 20th marathon (Valley of Fire Marathon) of his 50 marathons as he came through Nevada. I think I may have made the movie, although it was in a quick running montage. It was very inspirational. Dean and JB Benna, the movie director, did a Q & A after the movie. We even saw Chris Carmichael there for the screening of the movie.

No comments: