Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday hill repeats

A 2.5 mile warm up to my hill at the end of 45th St. Then 3 x .5mile hills all around 3:25 to 3:30 with 2-2.5 minutes recovery to the bottom. Finished with the 2.5 miles back home.

Less rest in between the hill repeats and still able to maintain 3:30s up the hill. My calves were very tight the whole run. It is hard on the calves to jump out of bed and go run hills.

Total mileage for today was about 7 miles. I had some trouble getting a signal with the Garmin for some reason today. It's an old model.

See this link to Clark's Blog for the picture and write up on the free running clinic that Clay and I put on last weekend. We had a great turnout and plan on leading another one in a few months.

Thanks goes out to Wes, who I've never met before, for the link to runningwarehouse.com, its a great site for shoes and other apparel. Check it out.

Finally, another fun race predictor calculator from Jeff Galloway. Just enter a recent mile time trial and it will predict times for 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, and marathon distances.

I took my son Matt to Joe Walker Middle School in the afternoon for a photo shoot on the track. Then we played at Lane Park next door. He is wearing his USC track suit for his grandpa Crane. Here is some pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karl:

Although I don't think we've spoken much before, I've been at many of the same AVC interval workouts that you and Clay were at last year. My 2nd job is that of membership chairman for the HDRs. If I can get a 2008 renewal from you, I can show you how to get another 15% off of those Runningwarehouse prices as an HDR member! (Is this pushy, or what?)

Regards, Wes Little

Anonymous said...

nice pictures.
I will have to run up this hill you speak of at 45th.