Sunday, February 24, 2008

9 miles with wind, rain, and hills (1:07:57)

I wanted to get some better hill work in so I drove to Quartz hill in the morning. It had been raining since last night and was coming in from the side due to high winds. I parked at 50th and M, ran up 50th to N, then up N to 70th. I doubled back up 60th for another hill and went down and up 55th from M-8 for another .5 mile hill. Overall 4 miles of the 9 were good hills with 2 of them almost directly into the wind.

The goal of the run was to push the hills and recover on the downhill. You can tell by my splits where the hills were, 8:37, 8:20, 7:58, 7:05, 7:20, 8:03, 6:59, 7:27, 6:02. (Average pace 7:33). The last mile was slightly downhill and flat with whatever I had left.

I cut my run short as I had planned to go for 12 miles but the weather was pretty bad and I can't afford to get sick again.

Overall I was pleased with my weekend runs. I not really sore at all. I will do my fast finish long run next weekend.

No comments: