Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Interval Training 7 miles (50 minutes)

The weather has been beautiful here, no wind, with the highs around 70. I try and start my runs around 6am and the temp has been in the mid to high 30s which feels great once you get warmed up.

I did a 10 minute warm-up and then eased into my intervals today. The format was 4 minutes at 5k pace then 2 minutes easy. I repeated that for 5 times and then did one last 2 minute interval with all I had left. I cooled down for the last 8 minutes.

The workout totaled 7 miles and I ended at exactly 50 min, which is avg 7:08/mile. The pace on the intervals was around 6min/mile, some a little faster, some a little slower, but not by much. I felt pretty good and was tired by the end.

If anyone is looking for some new running shoes, some shoe sites have some great deals in their clearance section as the new models are coming out soon. Check 'em out!!
www.roadrunnersports.com
www.eastbay.com
www.finishline.com

Finally, looking for a new treadmill? If you have $75k lying around this new model, the G-trainer, might be fun. Run with near zero-gravity. The designed it with rehabbing athletes in mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karl: Try Runningwarehouse.com They have great prices and club members get 15% off most everything. -Wes