Thursday, June 19, 2008

3 x 5 minute intervals, total mileage 8 miles

Today I repeated the first long interval workout that I did 3 weeks ago. The workout included 3x5 minute long intervals at vVO2max.

I started with a 2 mile warm up then did the 3x5 minute intervals with 5 min recovery in between. Then on the way home I completed 2x quarter mile repeats with 2 min recovery between. Finished with a mile cool down.

The weather was near perfect again.Total time running was 58 minutes exactly (7:15 pace).Total mileage was 8 miles.Total time at V02max was 9 minutes.My first 5 minute interval I ran .80 miles (6:10 pace).My second 5 min interval I ran .85 miles (5:55 pace).My third 5 min interval I ran .92 miles (5:30 pace).

These distances were better than 3 weeks ago, I checked.I added in 2x quarter mile repeats near the end of the run.
The first was in 1:20 the second in 1:18.

I cooled down for another mile for a total of 8 miles.

This is a good workout, next time I could add another 5 minute interval or start with 5 min intervals and do cut downs 5-4-3-2-1.

Two weeks until the July 4th 5k!

I am headed to Minnesota on Saturday with my family and hope to get in a few good runs on the parkway while I am there. I will try and update the blog if I have time.

No comments: