Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday 9 miles, June totals 108 miles!

We got home last night around 10:30 after airplane, bus, and car rides. I took today off to recover again, but I did total up my mileage for June which ended up at 108 miles! Total mileage for the year is at 624 and we are right around half way through.

Andi and I got in a great 9 mile run on Sunday from my dad's house to Lake Harriet on the paved running trails. We only took one wrong turn that added about a third of a mile to the run. Total time was about 1 hour 15 minutes (average pace 8:30).

Over the next 2 months I am going to continue to work on speed and slowly start to phase in some threshold runs and marathon pace runs. I also want to increase my long runs to about 1.5 hours at least twice a month.

I hope to get to 2-3 of the cross country series races over the next 6 weeks.

The men's trials 5k final is tonight, not televised but should be streamed online somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it. Possibly on flocast.org.

No comments: