Sunday, August 10, 2008

5 miles in Henderson, NV

I have been in Arizona for the past 3 days visiting my grandparents and family. My grandfather, "Grandpa Jack" has congestive heart failure and his health is steadily declining. He has some tough days and some better days. While I was there he had some better days and it was great to see him.
The family was very busy helping my grandparents, so we didn't get any running in, but we stayed in a house/cabin that had a beautiful view of the Prescott National Forest.

Andi and I drove to Henderson with the boys on Saturday, so this morning we took turns going out for short runs before making the trek back home. I got in a 5 mile run, averaging about 7:30 pace (7:45 pace up hill and 7:15 pace on the downhill).

Here is a nice "Thanks Mom" from US 5k, 10k runner Shalane Flanagan before heading off to Beijing.

Interestingly, the IOC is monitoring websites for Olympic material. If an athlete breaks their "rules" they can be banned from competition. Rules include no pictures, video, or interviews especially of other athletes or the opening ceremonies. See US 10k runner Amy Yoder-Begley's blog for her limited perspectives so far.

There have been some good commercials during Olympic coverage, and some really dumb ones. Here is one of my favorites so far.

No comments: