Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7.5 miles with 2.5 @ threshold pace

My Garmin was acting up this morning so I don't have exact mileage or splits. My workout consisted of 2.5 miles easy, 2.5 miles at threshold pace, 2.5 miles easy. The threshold portion was probably only truely at threhold pace for the last 1.5 miles as I just didn't feel that great and it took me a while to really get going. Also, the loop that I did the threshold portion at had a little hill in it. I will definitely repeat that workout down the road because I know I can run harder than that.

Brooks, a running shoe brand, made an animated commercial about running throughout a lifetime. It is hilarious, check it out here.

A new long term study on health and running came out from Stanford Medical School. There was a write up on Yahoo news and here is Dean Karnazes take on it.

No comments: