Thursday, August 21, 2008

8 mile easy run (60:24)

A nice day for a run this morning. I ran 8 miles in just over an hour. I am close to determining my fall race schedule and I will let you all know when I have signed up for a race.

If you saw Deena Kastor drop out of the Olympic Marathon and wondered what happened, she did break the third metatarsal in her foot. Here is and interview for further info.

On Monday night Dean Karnazes was signing his new book, 50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days -- and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance, in Pasadena and my brother-in-law Clark and I went down to see him and get his autograph. We got there in time for the question and answer portion and then he signed for everyone there. There were about 50 people. He signed a book, a few 8x10s and my training cap (which is also signed by Alan Webb). Dean said now I have it signed by "a fast guy (Alan) and a slow guy (Dean)." Whatever Dean.

For those of you that don't know. I ran marathon #20 during his Endurance 50 adventure in 2006 which was the Valley of Fire Marathon. Dean always says he remembers me. I wasn't so sure the first time but now I don't know. He remembered that I was from Las Vegas.

He is always fun to go see as he loves to talk running with other runners. I started the book and so far it is great. It is quite an adventure learning how he organized the event, executed it, and learned from it.

No comments: