Saturday, August 16, 2008

Matt wants to run with daddy!!

The boys slept in this morning! So we all decided to stay in bed as long as possible. Andi got out for a run first thing after Micah woke up. Matt woke up later, and after Andi got back I said, "Ok now daddy is going for a run," to which Matt replied, "I wanna come!" How could I turn that down? So we got out the old single jogger that I used to push him around in, got some milk, and an O-Bar (granola bar), and left for a run. I didn't think he would last for more than a mile or two but we had fun and Matt enjoyed his snacks and he lasted about 4 miles. I dropped him off at home and then ran an extra two miles or so (I didn't have my Garmin on), for a total of about 6 miles.

I got my new Garmin Forerunner 305 in the mail today and plan on testing it out tomorrow, with an interval workout up Grass Mountain with Clay.

Has everyone been enjoying the Olympics? Track and Field started on Friday. The first day included the women's 10k which had a loaded field. Shalane Flanagan from the US, who had food poisoning earlier in the week, took home a Bronze medal and improved on her own American record.

It was a disappointing women's marathon for the US today as only one of three of our athletes finished the race. Deena Kastor, the Olympic Trials winner, dropped out with foot pain after the first three miles. Blake Russell, our only finisher, ran a respectable 2:33. Runner's World article here.

Usain Bolt ran an insane 100m breaking his own world record in 9.69 and the first to go under 9.7 (the crazy thing is he pulled up to show boat for the last 20 meters).

And of course Michael Phelps won is eighth gold medal in eight events tonight, when he swam the butterfly leg of the 4x100 medly relay. 8 goals in 8/08, how appropriate. The 8 golds included 7 world records and all were Olympic records. If you missed any of his races you can see them on nbcolympics.com.

No comments: