Tuesday, March 4, 2008

5 mile recovery run (about 39:30)

Recovery run this morning for 5 miles. The first two miles were slow, but then settled into a comfortable pace around 7:30 for the last 3 miles. The 7:30 pace fells very comfortable right now, just like the first 5 miles of my long run on Sunday.

I got a new pair of shoes in the mail yesterday. My first pair of trail shoes. I got the Northface Amp trail shoes with the BOA lacing system that I have been dying to try out. See picture.

Also a fun article about Steve Scott. I got to meet Steve and spend a week with him and some other great coaches for a week in the summer of 2002 when I was a camp counselor at Runners Workshop in Malibu. Steve coaches for CSU San Marcos, and he is a super nice guy. See picture posted below (Steve is on the far right)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve Scott ran in an era of great milers. Coe, Ovett, Cram, Said Aoita. These were the day's I followed running. Steve Scott was an idol of mine growing up, one of my favorites though was Coe who came through for gold twice in the 1500.
Tim Varley CEO of PRN was a marathon runner who knows Scott and ran with him in the early 80's. He said no one could drop Scott on any distance run.