Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Speed test on the shin (8 miles in 55:47)

I have felt pretty good the last few days. I have no pain with inversion or standing on one leg that I had a week ago. I do have some tenderness to the distal right medial tibia. Eventually I needed to test the leg with higher speeds and since it continued to improved I decided today was the day.

I ran 8 miles this morning (I was planning on only 7 but got too far away from the house). The total time was 55:47, average pace was 6:58. My mile splits were 7:56, 7:19, 7:19, 6:53, 6:23, 6:29, 6:51, 6:31. I felt pretty good just a little weak on the right leg. Afterward there was no extra discomfort or pain. I'd say it passed my test.

Luckily I also got my new pair of Asics Kayano's in the mail! Kayano's have been my shoe model of choice for the last 5 years (I just have to wait until they go on sale or snipe a pair on ebay). They feel great and I can't wait to try them on Thursday.

No comments: