Thursday, March 13, 2008

Easy 9.5 miles (1:11:51)

The weather forecast predicts strong winds for the next two days including today so I figured I might as well run today. I ran for the first time in my North Face Amp BOA's today. It is sure nice not to worry about laces. I'm not sure I would do 20 miles in them though.

My miles splits were 8:37, 8:01, 7:56, 7;47, 7:44, 7:24, 6:56, 6:57, 7:03 and last .5 mile in 3:22.
Average pace 7:34.

I do most of my runs with my MP3 player these days, unless I am running with someone else. Here are some of my favorite songs for running:

"Born To Run" - Bruce Springsteen
"Runnin' Down a Dream" - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
"Where Are We Runnin'" - Lenny Kravitz
"Always on the Run" - Lenny Kravitz
"Runnin' With the Devil" - Van Halen
"Run Around" - Blues Traveler
"Speed Demon" - Michael Jackson
"Body Movin'" - Beastie Boys
"Baba O'Reily" - The Who
"Long Time" - Boston
"Life is a Highway" - Tom Cochrane
"No Easy Way Out" - Robert Tepper (Rocky IV)
"500 Miles" - Proclaimers

Anything by Rage Against the Machine is great for intervals or speed work.

I also have a few Ok Go songs currently on my MP3 player. If you haven't seen it here is the music video for "Here it goes again," it may be the best music video ever.

No comments: