Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Still nursing shin splints.

The medial right shin pain has been getting better daily since Saturday. I have been stretching, icing, and taping my right tibialis posterior muscle. I can't believe all this after one run in different shoes. What was I thinking?

It was feeling good enough to test it today. This afternoon I ran to Joe Walker Middle School to lead Tuesday interval night at the track. It is 3.5 miles to the track from my house.

Once there I ran 4x800s with Zac Patten and paced him at 7:00 pace. We ran very even splits 3:26, 3:35, 3:31, 3:26. Nice work Zac! Afterward I ran home at about 7:00 pace.

The right shin definitely bothered me and worsened a little on the way home. It hurts worse once I stop. I did an ice bath for my right leg twice tonight and will try taping it again tomorrow.

It sure is frustrating knowing I only have 5 weeks until the marathon. I think I will be able to run through it but I will be pretty sore afterward. I don't think I will run long this weekend. We'll see how things go.

Total milege for today was 9 miles (3.5 to the track + 2 miles total on the track +3.5 miles home).

Check out these cool interviews with Jim Ryun on Youtube.
Jim Ryun went on to become a congressman. He is on my list of people I would like to meet which also includes Roger Bannister, who went on to become a neurologist.

No comments: