Thursday, November 13, 2008

8x 1/4 mile hill intervals with 3mi WU/CD

I finally got a round to starting my weekly hill workouts today. I ran over to 47th and L-14 (about 3 miles). This is the start of the steeper portion of the closest hill to my house.

I did 8x 1/4 mile repeats up the hill with about 2:15 min rest running back down the hill.
My times were all 1:39 except the first (1:45) and the forth (1:38).

I was sore to start, ok on the run, now sore again in both hamstrings from yesterday's circuit workout with kettlebell exercises. I realized I haven't used kettlebells in about a month and I am feeling it today.

Total mileage today was 9.5 in 1:14:50 (avg pace 7:53).

I would like to work up to 12 repeats up the hill between 1:35-1:39. (If I left from my house that workout would be 12 miles total and take an hour and a half.)

I have one more race for the year on November 29th. I transfered my entry to Boney Moutnain to the Topanga Turkey Trot 15k. I will train through this race (no tapering) but cut out the hill workout that week.

Just when you think you've seen it all!

No comments: