Thursday, November 6, 2008

9 mile Thursday (1:09:03)

Went for an hour run this morning that turned into 9 miles as I got out the door a little early! It took about 3 miles to warm up as the temperature was in the low 30s. The turn around was at M and 55th West with a lap around Lane Park and back home on 52nd. My average pace over the 9 miles was 7:41 and the workout was split into 3 mile sets with the first three warm up and the last three at about 7:15 pace. I finished with 4x100m accelerations. It was another great morning as the wind has calmed down today.

My plan for the next month is to do a weekly 1/4 mile hill interval workout on 47th St. for some speed emphasis and then test my fitness with a mile time trial on December 6th (shooting for 5:15 or faster).


Should be good weather on Saturday for the Palmdale 5k at Desert Sands Park, where my son Matt is running the 1/2k and I am pacing Clay for a 19:30 (6:15 pace).
Also on Saturday at noon is the Valley Physical Therapy running clinic on "strength circuit training for runnners." It should be very informative with some great exercies to take home to improve your form and running economy.

Finally, I ran in Prescott, AZ a month ago but didn't realize there are RABID FOXES out there. Next time I will have to be more careful!


No comments: