Sunday, December 21, 2008

6.5 miler (48:56) recovery run

Stayed up too late last night to get up early enough for a long run. Split time with Andi before church to try and both get in a run. I ran to the hill at the end of 45th and did a loop up the hill twice, then back home for 6.5 miles in 48:56 (avg pace 7:32) Last 2.5 miles were under 7:10 pace. My calves were tight from the near all out effort on the track yesterday, but not too bad (symmetrical soreness as I like to call it).

After looking back in the blog archives again i noticed that my VDOT for the half marathon time trial on October 26, 2008 (1:24:33) was 55 compared to my VDOT for yesterdays performace, which was 56. So maybe I am still improving over time even with some fairly random and inconsistent training.

Update: Based on Runnersworlds age-grade calculator (which levels the playing field based on age) Clay and I put out almost identical performances on Saturday. He scored 70.7 and I scored 70.9. To read more about the age grade system click here.

No comments: