Tuesday, December 23, 2008

8.5 miles marathon pace (61:30)

I ran this morning for 8.5 miles to even out my 6.5 miles on Sunday. The course was around Lane Park and back with a little added around the neighborhood. After a mile warm up I settled in close to marathon pace for the rest of the run (6:45 to 7:00) and ended the run in 61:30 (avg pace 7:14. It was a nice morning, not as cold as I thought it would be, and just a slight breeze from the west. I finished the workout with 4x150m accellerations in front of the house.

Quote:
"If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want -- Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." --Don Kardong

1 comment:

Ron said...

thats awesome...Merry Christmas