Saturday, June 5, 2010

15 mile run with company

I got a call from Dale last night inviting me out to Ave S and the aqueduct for a long run. I told him I was planning on 12 and he said he might do 14 or 15. I met Dale and Chuck at 6 am and we headed out on the 2.5 mile stretch of asphalt. I was glad we started early as it was starting to warm up after the first 5 miles. After 10 miles I was thinking about calling it but then started to feel a little better and we continued on. We set an easy pace and the conversation made the miles go a little faster. Chuck and I picked it up to 7:50 pace for the last 2.5 miles and we finished the run in 2 hours and 6 minutes. My longest run since LD50. The temperature was 81 degrees by the time we were done. Thanks for the company you guys!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

It was a real treat talking with someone that is so knowledgeable about running. I really enjoyed your company.

P.S. Thank you for running slow.