Wednesday, June 9, 2010

5 mile morning run

It was windy this morning. When it is windy at my house in Quartz Hill sometimes it is not as bad to the east in Palmdale, so I ran by Rancho Vista golf course, up Towncenter and back on Rancho Vista. It was less windy until I made the turn to come back home. The 5 miles took me about 39 minutes. I still don't feel like picking up the pace just yet. I have been experiencing some plantar fascial pain in both heels since that trail run last weekend. It is steadily improving.


If anyone remembers me mentioning Eric Flores, of Cal Lutheran, a few months ago, I have an update on him. He is a junior thrower at CLU where I attended college. In the past few weeks he won the Div. III track championships for the hammer throw, and at another meet set a Div. III all-time record in the hammer with a throw of 220ft 10in. He was named All-American and Div. III outdoor track & field male athlete of the year! That record throw makes the "B" standard for USA's and is 6ft off an "A" standard! It would have placed him 15th at the 2008 Olympic Trials! Congratulations Eric!

No comments: