Friday, June 4, 2010

Weekend Preview

A friend of mine from high school, Mark, is running his first marathon this weekend. He lives in Indiana and is running the Sunburst Marathon, which starts at the Football Hall of Fame and ends at Notre Dame. Mark and I ran high school cross country and track together for 4 years. We was always a little faster than me. I think he ran some where around 4:30 for 1600m and 10:10 for 3200m. He is a good runner. It will be fun to see how he does this weekend. Good luck Mark!
Here is a picutre of us running the 3200m our senior year. Mark is leading the pack.

I also have friends running in Fontana and in San Diego this weekend.
Good luck to everyone racing!

I am hoping to get a long run in on the aqueduct and maybe another fartlek run or just a shorter hilly route. We'll see how I feel.

By the way Bernard Lagat broke the American record in the 5k today in Oslo running 12:54.12! Chris Solinsky, AR holder in the 10k, also went under 13 minutes. Actually, 10 guys broke 13 minutes!

"Usain Bolt is the fastest guy who's ever lived but he sucks! I mean, compared to a squirrel he's slow." --Christopher McDougall (author of Born to Run) during a discussion of how humans were built for endurance running not for sprinting.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Watched the race on Universal Sports. It was awesome! Chris Solinsky looks huge next to all of the African runners.

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall Mark. What is his last name? Good luck in the race Mark!! Jeanette