Friday, July 10, 2009

8 mile easy run, I'm back!

I ran up to the aqueduct this morning, did 4 miles up there, and returned home in 62:30 (avg pace 7:50) for 8 miles. I was a little slow warming up but by the end felt good and hit the last 3 miles in about 20 minutes. I would say I am about 90% recovered from Sunday.

I have nothing planned on the race schedule at this point until Twin Cities in October. I will have to put a time trial in there some where. I have always wanted to run the Twin Cities marathon so I am excited for that. It is on my marathon bucket list. Here is my top 5 marathons besides TC that I would like to run some day.

New York Marathon
Chicago Marathon
Marine Corp Marathon
London Marathon
St. George Marathon

What is your next marathon and what marathons are on your bucket list?

2 comments:

Chuck said...

You recovered quickly. Ran the last 3 miles at your goal marathon pace for CIM.

I have committed to three marathons: San Francisco in two weeks, Air Force in Dayton, Ohio in September, and Route 66 in Tulsa, Oklahoma in November. I am strongly considering joining Clay, Dale, and yourself at the CIM in December.

My bucket list is to complete a marathon in all 50 states. Since I have only done 17 states, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Dale Lister said...

BOSTON!!!!

Then - who knows?

upcoming races, btw include:
Jet to Jetty 10K August 22,
Magic Mountain 5K October 4,
LB Half October 11 ?? maybe not...
Huntington Beach 10 miler Ocotber 24,
Palmdale Aces ?? 5 or 10K
Bakersfield Half November 14,
CIM, December 7,
and of course BOSTON!

I find I train better and more consistently if I have lots of smaller races to go have fun at!