Saturday, July 4, 2009

Newhall ID 5k

I ran the Newhall Independence Day 5k for the second year in a row. This year I paced my wife Andi to get an idea of her current fitness level. We ran a very even race and finished in 21:19 (mile splits 7:03, 6:59, 6:44). Andi and I were 79th and 80th out of over 500 runners. Andi was 3rd in her age group. VDOT predicts a 3:23 marathon. With only a small base and a three month build up we are hoping for 3:45. I think we can do it!

We had 3 guests from out of town that are here for my 30 miler tomorrow. Ron, Julie, and Melissa who all PR'ed at the race.
Official Results were posted here.

The temperature was great. There was no wind. The course is fast.

See Clay's blog for pictures and more details.

Wish me luck tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Andi.....It was very nice meeting you the morning of Karl's 30 mile birthday run. Karl is very fortunate to have such a beautiful and athletic wife. It must be very difficult to find the time to run with your two wonderful boys. Best of luck on your training for the Twin Cities Marathon. I will be following your progress on Karl's blog.

robison52 said...

You're very fortunate to have a wife who wants to run and exercise. No matter how hard I try my wife refuses to exercise, she won't even walk! I hope someday she'll see the light.