Sunday, July 27, 2008

10 mile Sunday including 3 miles @ threshold pace

I got in my 10 miles that I wanted to today. I had increased my long run each of the last three weeks so this week I decided to tone down the volume, but add a little quality.

I ran a 4 mile easy warm up to Joe Walker Middle School, then did three miles at threshold pace, then 3 miles easy on the way back home. It is exactly a mile loop on the street around Joe Walker. So I did 2.5 loops and then .5 miles back on L-8 for my three mile threshold run. Mile spits on the threshold portion were 6:40, 6:17, and 6:03 for a total of 19 minutes. The first one I was a little slow for the first half mile, the third mile is almost all slightly downhill which makes it faster. My threshold pace should be 6:19 based on a 18:20 5k (VDOT=55) so it was a well run effort.

Total time for 10 miles was 1:13:19 (average pace 7:20).

Here is a preview of the Dean Karnazes documentary that I have been talking so much about. Limited engagement July 31st!




No comments: